Champagne Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé brings home the gold at the Global Rosé Masters 2016
Laurent-Perrier’s Cuvée Rosé champagne has long been the benchmark of Rosé champagnes but we are delighted to announce that industry bible, The Drinks Business has also awarded Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé a gold award in their annual Rosé Masters tasting 2016.
While sport has the Olympics, the Global Rosé Masters is a competition for rosé wines from around the world held by the drinks business. To separate the good from the ordinary, and the outstanding from the great, over 160 rosé wines, both still and sparkling were tasted at Les 110 de Taillevent in London on 14 June.
All the wines were served “blind” to a selection of experience judges (listed below), who assessed the rosés without prejudice to source country, although they were aware of the approximate price of each sample.
The entries were scored out of 100, discussed, and then awarded medals.
The judges were:
• Hugo Rose MW, director, fine wine asset management company Vinsignia
• Patrick Schmitt MW, editor-in-chief, the drinks business
• Roberto Della Pietra, sommelier and brand ambassador, French Bubbles
• Elizabeth Gabay MW, wine writer and Provençal rosé specialist
• Sebastian Payne MW, wine buyer, The Wine Society
• Patricia Stefanowicz MW, wine consultant
• Beverly Tabbron MW, head of training and education, Hallgarten Druitt
• Adrian Garforth MW, wine consultant
• Jonathan Pedley MW, wine lecturer and consultant
• Clément Robert MS, group head sommelier and wine buyer, 28º-50º
Find Champagne Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé through leading online wine retailers, Harrods, Selfridges, Waitrose, Marks & Spencer, Oddbins, Majestic and other leading wine sellers.